Saturday, December 03, 2005

well, I guess we're gonna have to pay for that

Ok so we made the plans to go to Blue Sky in Hankou to party it up and do some dancing. There are two Blue Sky locations, one here in Wuchang and the other in Hankou. The one here is more of a restaurant and you sit and eat and listen to western music. It's not bumping and there is no dancing. The one in Hankou, has a place for you to sit and eat but it's usually packed with foreigners (foreigners are people that are not chinese and it's a term you find yourself using as well) and it is bumping. There's a dance floor and the music isn't half bad.
Anyway, we got there, we ate and then we started drinking. Cast of characters included, of course yours truly, Bre, Damon, Amanda, Matt, Winnie, Matty sticks, Daisy, Sophia and Sophia's boyfriend. Bre got very drunk, Matty sticks was nicely drunk. Then at one point him, Daisy and Winnie went to the Red Passion club to dance and then they came back a couple hours later. Damon drank alot but was pissed because he wasn't geting drunk. Then Amanda got mad at Matt because he has a little bit of alcoholic tendancies when he starts drinking. Basically once he starts, he can't stop until he passes out. She's pregnant right now and has very little tolerance for bullshit, so she got mad, spilled out his beers and demanded that they go home.
I spent a fair bit of time on the dance floor. Met some people, danced had a great time. Then happy hour came along and it was really happy. At happy hour you get 2 for one drinks. I was ordering Cosmos like they were going out of style. Then for the longest time I was sitting with Damon and talking about all kinds of junk and both of us were laughing at Bre. Then for no reason whatsoever, Bre picked up a martini glass and threw it on the ground. Of course it broke and then Damon said in the most nonchalant way that it just made me laugh, "well, she just broke a glass, I guess we're gonna have to pay for that" and then he took a sip of his beer. I was dying of laughter. The glass cost us Y20, then about 20 mins after that we decided to go home. By this time Matty sticks had been back for a while and Winnie and Daisy had gone home and Sophia and her boyfriend had left just after dinner. So it was just me, Damon, Matt and drunk Bre. Damon got his own cab home and I poured Bre into the back of a cab and we were on our way. We got home and it was quite interesting me trying to put Bre to bed. She was still dancing and mumbling stupid things and I was drunk myself so that just made things just a little more difficult. Anyway I was able to put her to bed and to sleep and then I hit the sack myself. I woke up yesterday with a monster hangover. Something I'm not used to because in my "youth" I never got them but now since I'm getting "old" it's starting to happen. Anyway, telling Bre about her adventure was funny because she didn't remember half of what happened.
So today I have a stack of tests to mark and 3 stacks of books to mark because you may have forgotten that I'm hear to teach english, not party my ass off, but whatever works right? If I can do both, then what's the harm?
Anyway, that's the story thus far, as usual I will keep you posted.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home