Saturday, November 19, 2005

Whoa!

Well not much to report but as usual whenever I say that I end up with a 20 page post.
Well as I've said before, I love my kids. I teach 3 of the grade one classes and two of the classes I generally have no problem with but one class is always very trying. I even walked out of the class once because I was so pissed. This is my class E. I teach classes D E and F. I told my assistant on Friday that I just give up. Before I would make it a point of making sure that they were paying attention and making sure they were quiet when I spoke and broke up fights between Randy and someone else that would occur. Now I don't even care anymore. I talk and then they start talking and I just keep talking. Whoever wants to listen will listen and unfortunately the rest will suffer. Not my problem anymore. I will go to the class and teach the lesson but that's about it. Lily says that I can't give up and together we could do it. I just don't know anymore. I'm very exhausted after I teach that class and I don't feel that way when I teach the other classes.
Anyway, after a hard day's work on Friday, we decide to have a party. Yeah, you're probably thinking "what else is new Litisha, you seem to do that every weekend" well, yes we do. Well almost every weekend. Anyway, this time the party was in the upstairs living room of the frat house. This time it was very funny because Matt (not Matty sticks) was very very drunk. We spent most of the evening laughing at him dancing. Brian was very drunk and turned in early. Matt passed out a couple times but then woke up just in time to change the music. Then at one point he danced until he fell on the ground. I was fading but the Roy twisted my arm to stay a little longer with another beer. We spent alot of time just talking about how lucky we were to be in China and that we really get to experience the culture better than someone who would have come here on vacation. Also we talked about all th traveling that Roy and Angela had done and how much of it I wanted to do. Which is a plan I do have as long as I'm still on this earth. I really want to see the world. As much of it as possible.
Anyway, Matty sticks said that he wanted to go to the zoo on Saturday and I figured that that sounded like fun so I told him I would go with him.
We all woke up this morning and there was no electricity and for some reason the phones work on electricity so there were no phones. So we were all a bit pissed about that. Anyway, Breanna, Matty sticks and I managed to get our shit together and headed to the Wuhan Zoo. We knew the bus to take and we had a general idea on how to get there by looking at the map but ultimately we didn't know where we were going. We had taken the bus to Han Yang before to go to the museum and the zoo was in that area so we figured we would take the same bus. Then I told Matt that it should be ok if we got out maybe 2 stops after the stop we got out for the temple. Well that worked out nice because we got out at that stop, crossed the street and went down this other road and a 20 min walk led us to the zoo. We were lucky.
For the most part, the zoo was like any other. The only thing is that some of the animals didn't have "natural habitats" and some of the places where they were kept didn't look like they were properly maintained. Also, unfortunately some chinese people tend to be very ignorant and kept throwing food at the animals (which I'm sure most of us know is a big no no) and some people even threw their trash in some of the cages. I saw and ostrich chewing on an empty bag of chips. What was good was that I saw the panda bear that they had in. Also saw another interesting thing. I've never seen a dog at the zoo but there was one here. I guess because some dogs are just not found in China, they have them there for people to see. I saw a dalmations and a beagle though and I felt bad for them because they were in these cages. We saw camels and giraffes and 2 hippos in really dirty water. It was a good trip.
When we got back home the electricity still hadn't come back and we hung out in Patrick's room looking at the pics we took. About 20 mins later the power came back and everything was back to normal more or less. I didn't realize I was that tired from the walk at the zoo until I got home and sat down.
So that means, this exhibit is now closed and the show is over. I'm here all week. Thank you and goodnight ladies and gentlemen. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home