Monday, November 07, 2005

Busy weekend

well Friday evening, not much happened. We went out for dinner as usual and had a few too many at the restaurant. Seems to be the difinition of Friday nights. Anyway, Matty sticks told me that he wanted to go to the bar again to check out what Fay Fay was doing, so I said I'd go with him. Noone else wanted to go. So we get there and the bar is jumping and Fay Fay and Matt are both very drunk. Matt kept telling Fay Fay to "bring the bitches over". I spent most of the evening laughing. I locked myself out of my room that night and had to sleep on the couch when we got back to the frat house. It wasn't too bad and Bre loaned me a blanket.
Saturday morning I got up and called Mr Ye and told him my predicament. The cleaning lady was there about 20mins later and opened my room. After getting my stuff together we made plans to go to Hankou to do some shopping.
I had my eye on a few things I wanted to get, so that was my mission for the day.
So cast of characters included Matty sticks, Annaick, Mandy (Harry's wife), Angela and ofcourse yours truly. Well we had a great day. I got all the things I wanted as well as a few other things. There was this bag that I saw in the window (the colour got my attention - it's my favourite - blue) and then I noticed that it said Versace on it. Well my first thought was it was a fake, because you see alot of that here. But then on closer inspection I realized that it was real and I only paid Y148 for it. So that's a huge deal for that.
Anyway we were getting on to the end of the day and thinking about getting something to eat. We just wanted to stop in a few more stores before we did. I stopped in this jeans store hoping I would be able to find something that fit. I was actually lucky. Ofcourse I had to slap my ass to show them it was there so that they knew I needed a big size. After giggling they found me something. The first pair I tried on was actually too big, which was very surprising. Then I tried on another pair and they fit perfectly. So after coming out of the changeroom I paid for the jeans then bent down to tie my shoes. When my head came back up my purse was gone. That's right, my purse got stolen almost right in front of my eyes while I was in the store.
I was very very upset and as usual there was nothing I could do. Well I just lost my appetite right then and there and the day was over for all of us. Later on, upon thinking the whole situation over, it wasn't that bad. It was the end of my day and I had spent almost all of my money already. I only had about Y90 in my bag, plus other things like, my umbrella, smokes, my chinese-english dictionay, a pen, chapstick, just stuff like that. There was one personal item, but I can have another one sent to me. The most expensive thing that was stolen was the actual purse itself. I was lucky that I didn't have my camera in my bag that day and I usualy always take it with me.
So the day ended on a crappy note but otherwise wasn't too bad.
Sunday was a better day. I went back to the store I bought the purse at and was able to get another one exactly like it, so that made me feel better. Then Annaick said that she was going to a buddhist temple and dragged me with her. So me, her and Matty sticks went. Wuhan is divided into 3 districts, Wuchang (where I live), Hankou (across the river, where we shop(ped)) and Hanyang (also across the river). The temple is in Hanyang. This part of Wuhan is very different than the other 2 districts. It is alot quieter, people seem to be more peaceful and it's not as busy.
We get to the temple and it is very beautiful. We took so many pictures and video. I got to ring the giant bell which I hope brings me better luck and we had a really good day. There were many statues made of gold and many pagodas as well. It was very beautiful.
When we got home we were very tired from all the walking we did but very happy that we made the trip.
So today, I had to tell Mr Ye that I needed all new keys made for me. We had already called him and told him what happened so he knew why but I had a hard time explaining to the cleaning lady what happened. Mr Ye already told her that my keys were stolen but when she saw me she wanted to know how it happened. I gestured the whole scene to her and she gave me a sad look. Generally people are very nice here but then again you meet people that steal from you. Everyone thinks that it was someone from the store that did it because there were other people in the store and they saw nothing and didn't see anyone run out or anything. So lesson now learned. Usually when we are all shopping someone else holds your purse and now the one time we (and by we I mean I) didn't do that, I paid the price, but like I said it could have been much worse because I would have died if I lost my camera.
So that's how the story goes
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home