Friday, November 25, 2005

East Lake? No not this time

Well as usual in China, either the info comes at the last minute or the info is not completely correct or sometimes it's both. The school trip that was planned for East Lake was only for half the school. The other half of the school went to the Botanical Gardens. This is where I went with one of my classes. The number of times my name was called, can't even be measure. Maybe it was a million times, I don't know. Anyway had to get up earlier and got to the office. About 10 mins after that I was on a bus with my grade 1F class. This is one of my good classes.
The bus ride was very nice. I went through parts of town that I visit regularly and then I was introduced to a new part of town that I have never been at. The bus ride was about 45 mins or so and we finally got there. The gardens were beautiful as they usually are. I was happy to spend time with my kids outside of the classroom and the question du jour was "what's this?" Everything they saw was followed by the question "Litisha laoshi, what's this?"
At one point we came up to this small field and stopped for the morning snack. I didn't bring anything with me except a bottle of water but...... have no fear, class F to the rescue. My kids were ever so eager to share their snacks with me and Lily. I was force fed so much junk, chips and cookies and bread things and jube jubes and skittles. The list was endless. I couldn't even eat everything I was offered, some of the stuff I put in my purse for later. One kid even gave me this thing I've never seen before. It's this paper thin green thing that I was able to find out was seaweed. It wasn't bad. It had a fishy type smell and wasn't bad tasting.
Another one of my kids wanted to share his bread with me. It's this sort of sweet type bread type thing. His name is Mitch, he is by no means the smartest kid in my class but he does try very hard. Anyway, at first he brought me a piece, then he kept coming back, breaking off these little pieces and shoving them in my face. I got fed up and told him to go away. He was feeding me as though I was his pet or something. I don't think he's "all there".
Anyway, we finished our snacks and picked up to keep walking. The head teacher was stopping to take pics of kids in the class in different poses. I got a few pics myself and even got a class picture.
All in all a good day.
When I got back home, I just sat around for a bit. Eventually Bre and Matt came home and we all swapped stories on how our days went. Matt went to the gardens as I did and Bre went to East lake. After chatting for a bit, we played around on our guitars. then everyone left me and I practiced my guitar playing. Heck I even wrote a song.
Evening eventually came and turned into night. Daisy loaned me her Friends DVD and I watched that and Matt joined me for a bit and we sat around and drank beer.
Things are just not the same without Patrick. Our first weekend without him and it completely sucked. So needless to say, he is missed.
I went to bed with very little umpf or enthusiasm.
Then I woke up this morning to update this blog and the earth was shaking. A mild earthquake, no damage, in fact it probably wouldn't even be noticed by many people, but a quake nonetheless.
So that's how it goes....

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home