Monday, October 31, 2005

I love my students just as much as they seem to love me

As usual, Mondays are the days you hate the most. You just enjoyed your weekend and then you have to go back to work. Well it ain't no different here. Especially since the reason why many of us took this adventure is because we were looking for Indiana Jones type action. Anyway so I get to my class and things are just settling down a bit after the bell has rung and one of my students walk up to me and hands me these two little boxes. The writing on the outside is in chinese and there is a plant on the packaging. I turn to my assistant Lily and ask "what is this?" She says, after reading it "oh, it is medication for your throat" All I could say was "awwwwww that is so sweeeeeeeeeet" So I called the student back up since she sat down right after handing it to me and I told her in both chinese and english "thank you". I had to give her a hug. It was very thoughtful of her.
Even after that I still turned to Lily and said that this was so very sweet of her to do. Lily just said "well they love you" I was really touched. When I got back to the office I had to boast. Everyone was so surprised that a student would do that for me. I opened the package to see that they weren't pills as I was expecting but lozenges. They taste pretty good and I'll take anything I could get to make sure I don't have a problem with my voice again. I've had laryngitis before but I've never had it for a month.
So that's my little story. Bad Monday morning turn good. I just had to share. I love my kids more and more.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home