Thursday, October 27, 2005

Gotta love thise kids

Yesterday, one of my students handed me a note at the beginning of class. I will type the note as it is written and I think you will understand why I love these kids so much. Please note, naturally there are spelling mistakes.

"Misses Litisa,
I hope to teach you a little chinese as a exange to appreciate your work. Then you could say 'quiet please' in chinese. Surley, everybody will be surprised. How interesting it is.
As I do not know how to express my meaning and I let my mum to write for me.

Yours
Barry

PS. Thanks indeed, two ladies. Although now it is very difficult for my son to write down these new words. And I appreciate you thousands of times while I heard he muttered to himself some sentence in english durind playing games. As per his request, I write down above for him.

Best wishes,
Tang Qi
(Barry's mother)"

It was so awesome to get this letter. At first I thought it was a complaint or a note for an excuse or something but then I read it and there it is. Barry is actually one of the quiet students in my class and I had no clue how he felt about learning english. Now I know that he is enjoying himself and is learning as well and his mom is very proud and happy that he is using the english that he is learning. No matter who you are, that just has to make you feel good.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. I have had a very very difficult time finding clothes or shoes that fit me. Let's face it, I have a phat ass and huge boobs. Chinese women are about 1/10 my size.
Annaick and I did some shopping yesterday and we went to this huge shoe store. I was finally able to find a pair of sneakers that actually fit me. They're black and kinda look like skater shoes but the important thing is that they fit, well they are a bit snug but I had to have them and I figure I'll be able to stretch them out with continued wear. Also there is a store that doesn't look like much in the front but when you go in, it's huge and filled with many different looks, and the best part, different sizes. Annaick thinks that the store is a location where extras go or sometimes they would have a sample size that they have no use for and it just goes to this store. The inventory seems to change almost daily and they hardly have duplicates of anything. I was able to find a nice sweater but as soon as I get paid I will be going back for more shopping. You can really go broke shopping in Wuhan, it is just everywhere but, it's not often I find clothes that can fit me. I have a hard enough time in Canada. Imagine the struggle I'm finding in China, but it looks like that will be my place to be. Plus if I go there regularly, they start to recognize me, what I like and would start holding things for me etc.
Anyway, that's about it, just had to share that. I'm really happy about it.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home