Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sports day

Well my voice is about 95% back. I've been taking the pills and having a lot of honey tea.
Today and tomorrow are sports days at the school. I have no clue why they decided to do this now when the weather is getting cold but what can I say, they do things differently here. Anyway, it's your regular sporting events with high jump and races. Then there is also this game that the students play with the teacher. The chicken and the eagle. There are two teams and the teacher plays the mother hen and then about 8 students stand behind her in a line and they all hold the back of the shirt of the person in front of them and they are the baby chicks. Then a kid from the other team is the eagle and they have to try to get to the chicks. The teacher stands at the front changng direction trying to "protect" the chicks and they try their best not to get caught. It's funny to watch.
So basically, it was a day filled with the foreign teachers just standing around taking pictures and laughing at each other and the kids. Hey what can I say, I got paid for the day.
Breanna was trying to be a superstar and entered a race with 4th graders. She spent all this time stretching before and getting herself ready.

Race time comes.

They're all lined up.

These 10 year old kids kicked her ass. She came in dead last and it was a hilarious thing to watch. She had absolutely no chance.
My kids were so excited to see me and I missed them so much that I was so excited to see them. They kept calling my name and trying to get my attention. I felt a little bad because their teacher was trying to keep them seated and quiet and whenever I was in view they would just go nuts. I tried to take a few pics of them and that made them go even more crazy. Some pics I took at a distance but they are not as good as if you were to take them up close. It was a good day nonetheless. I can feel my voice getting better and feel the difference from the first time I thought it was getting better. I really think those pills helped alot. I think even after I'm back at full capacity I will continue to take them until the package is finished.
Now speaking of pictures. Apparently the blogger system is having problems with pics and it's something that has affected almost everyone using blogger. I can set up a link that you can go to, to see some of the pics I've taken (from Shanghai, the school, my kids and us just having a good time) but the only thing is I won't be able to explain any of the pictures. You'll just see them but I don't know how much it would mean to you.
Anyway, if blogger doesn't get this resolved soon, then I may just do that but I'm gonna wait a few more days or so and see what happens. If I have to set up the links then I'll have my work cut out for me.
So that's all for now and you will also notice that added to my preview profile, I have my phone number. I know the likelihood of a call is low but I just put it there just in case. Please be aware that here in China I am 12 hours ahead of eastern standard time. So for example, if it is 7pm EST for you, it is 7am the next day for me. Keep that in mind.

Anyway.............
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home