Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sorry, I have been lazy

Well I've been meaning to update the blog but having this cold has made me very lazy.
In any event, Friday was a pretty good day. I gave my test and my students were so very excited to see me back. After lunch, Annaick, Angela and I went to Carrefour to do some shopping. Angela almost took the whole store with her and Annaick and I just did some shopping to restock the small supply of food we keep (mostly for breakfast). Going back home was a bitch, it was raining and we had the hardest time getting a cab. We finally got one and were back home where we made plans to have a little party.
We got some beer and everyone came over. Cast of characters included, Roy, Angela, Matt and his wife Amanda, Breanna, Annaick, Patrick and of course me. We had a fun little time. The thing I love most about Canucks and Brits is that they never need an excuse to get together and drink.
Saturday morning I had a bit of a hangover but not much really. The down side was, I lost my voice again. This time not as bad, I was just really hoarse but, I just can't seem to shake this cold and the hoarseness that seems to be going with it. So Saturday I pretty much sat around, practiced my guitar and wished my voice better. Unfortunately, wishing it better dosn't make it better.
Sunday I woke up and my voice still wasn't any better but I felt better all together. However, still have the sniffles, still can't shake this cold.
Anyway, I started off the day by watching The Simpsons, but then Patrick and I noticed that it was such a nice day out (and it really was). The sun was shining and it was almost like a spring day as it moves into summer. So we decided to go out for a walk. Which was alot to ask for Patrick since he's still on crutches but he wanted to go so we made the best of it. We walked over to McDonald's, had a bite to eat and some ice cream. Then did some more walking around. We went back home using back streets, which is really cool because you see some interesting people and they ofcourse see you and you find all these back restaurants (which are usually really good and cheap) and you just get to see how the people live. The people here in Wuhan, once they get over the shock of you being a foreigner, are usually very nice.
Anyway, we sat around a bit more and then went back home.
After a couple hours or so, I decided that I'd go out to the basketball court and shoot some hoops. Patrick came out for company and we had fun chatting and making fun of me.
Well that was pretty much the afternoon. Later in the evening after dinner, we came back home and practiced guitar and before I knew it, it was bedtime.
This morning I still have the cold and my voice isn't any better. I was thinking of staying home today but I don't really want to. I'll just go to class and have my assistant do mostly everything.
Well, I'm off to work. I'll keep you posted on any new events as they occur. I'm really just hoping to get rid of this cold and get my voice back to normal. I think I'll go to the pharmacy today and see if I can pick up something to help.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home