Thursday, October 13, 2005

Going back to the grind

Well I've gotten my voice back (more or less). I was thinking about going back to work on Monday but I think I will go back tomorrow. There's no point in me staying home the extra day. I just have to be careful. The only thing now is, that cold has come back (actually I don't think it ever really left) and I have the sniffles, sore throat and a cough. Will this ever end?
Anyway, my activity assistant today was surprised not to see me at work. I forgot to tell her what happened but did tell her that she would be doing activity on her own today. She was cool with that. It doesn't make a huge difference either way. Not for activity atleast.
I should be ok tomorrow for speaking anyways because I'll be giving out a test so there won't be alot of talking on my part and my activty classes are cancelled for the afternoon. So that works out nicely for me.
New development at the "frat house". We had a single phone that was shared between us downstairs and our roommates upstairs. It was annoying whenever there was a phone call, if noone was answering or noone was up there, you'd have to run up the stairs. If there is a phone call for you that someone upstairs answered, you'd have to run up the stairs to get it. If you wanted to make a phone call, you could go upstairs or bring the phone downstairs and use it there, but eventually the phone would end up upstairs again.
Anyway, we asked for a second phone so that we wouldn't have this problem. Well we got phones, we got more phones than we can handle. We now each have a phone in our rooms and an extension for each of us. So for example, if someone was calling me, they would dial the main number and then my extension. All we wanted was another phone in our living room downstairs. Some people are happy with this, others aren't. I think it's good and bad. Good thing is, when the phone rings in my room I know the call is for me and only me. Also, we can call each other on the seperate extensions. Bad things...what if I'm not in my room, what if I'm in town and lost and I need to call someone for help and they are not in their room or not home. I have to make another call to another extension trying to find someone to help. If it was the other way, then no matter who was home, someone would answer the phone, unless of course if noone was home. Now I have to remember extensions of 9 other people. Pain in the ass but that is the way the chinese do things.
So that's about that. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home