Tuesday, October 11, 2005

good, not good

Well, I'm still home sick as I don't really have a voice. In order to rest my vocals and try to make them heal. I haven't been talking. Gotta write everything down on paper. Mostly I'm talking to Patrick and when I'm not talking to him, he's talking to someone else on my behalf. My throat is still sore and I think I miss my students. The reason why I say I think is because I didn't think I would. Anyway, so that's why things suck right now.
What's good though is I got a surprise yesterday.
So me and Patrick (the 2 "sickies") are sitting around watching tv feeling pretty bummed. But wait, there is a knock on the door. It's Harry and he has a package for me. Yay, it's my first package from home. Filled with lots of cool stuff and the most important thing of all. It has my winter coat. I didn't bring it with me because 1) I didn't think it got that cold and 2) I was provided with bad advice that told me I wouldn't need it.
Anyway, that was a really good treat and made me feel better. I still dont have much of a voice and it almost hurts to talk when I try but I do feel better.
Well, depending on how my voice feels I may go back to school on Friday. However, I don't want to rush it and end up losing my voice again just after it has gotten better. I think I may tell the department head that I'll come back on Monday. It will be better to give my voice a rest for a while before going back and yelling at my students. Just kidding.
Anyway, that's about it for now. I'm not sure if we are doing anything this weekend. Usually we got out drinking for one reason or another or we go out to do something that eventually turns out to be us drinking.

TTFN Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home