Saturday, September 03, 2005

Good times

Well today started out pretty crappy. It was pouring rain all day. I had the opportunity to go to town with Breanna but the rain wasn't encouraging so I just stayed home and watched tv. I had to take a nap in the afternoon because my body is still adjusting to the time change. Sleeping at night is proving to be somewhat difficult and in the day I get so tired. So I napped for a couple hours and then Annaik (my "neighbour" in the house) woke me up and told me that we were still going to Pizza Hut. So we took a cab into town and that was a good trip.
The Pizza Hut was a little la dee da, almost like a Red Lobster or something but not like a Pizza Hut at home. We had to wait to be seated and then ordered pizza from menues. We had a good crowd. Ofcourse myself, Annaik, Patrick (<--- other teachers), then Breanna's friend Annie and her friends Carolyn and Daisy. We had a blast and took pictures and made jokes (pictures to come later). When we left it turned out to be such a great night that we opted to take a walk down the street as opposed to going right home. There were so many shops and restaurants along the way. Some of the same shops were repeated several times but then we got to Hong Shah square which was very beautiful. There was marble everywhere and bonzai trees and neon lights. It was really great.
After spending some time there, Daisy had to leave but the rest of us walked back up the street and took a bus to another part of town that wasn't too far from the school. We had intentions of going back home but when we crossed the street we got seperated and me, Annaik and Patrick ended up walking together. On the way Patrick mentioned that there was a, like a boardwalk that had restaurants and bars that he had been to before. Annaik suggested that we check it out and we were on our way. We walked past a restaurant that was set up kinda like a bistro with the chairs and tables on the sidewalk and then walked further down and went to this bar that Patrick said he had been to before. They had Jack Daniels posters outside so we figured that would be a good place to go. When we got in there, it was like we went into a strip club. The music was very very loud and there was a red velvet curtain and it was very dark. There were alot of booths with low light and candles and the people were all huddled together. Needless to say we left there and went to another place. We had a few beers and after about an hour or so we came home.
So while the day started off with not much going on, we ended uo having a pretty great time. I still have to get used to people staring at me.
The weather is not supposed to be the greatest tomorrow so I think I'll just stay home and get some lessons planned and that kind of thing. I also need to make a list of English names so that I can name the rest of the kids in my class. I only have named about 1/3 of one class so I'll have a lot of work to do on Monday. I gotta make sure I'm prepared.
Anyway, I'm going to try to see if I could get a full night's sleep tonight. I'm still having a hard time adjusting.

TTFN

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

Hey there!! Glad things are going well for you there. I keep checking this thing every day or so for updates. Nothing much new in mine, although I updated it the other day. (http://vickydaybyday.blogspot.com) In case you don't have it :) Anyway... let me know if you need anything. We can always send a care package!!

10:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home