Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What do you have to be thankful for?

Be thankful that you ain't here.
On Sunday, Klaver and I went to Papa John's and had "Thanksgiving" dinner. It wasn't turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and all the other fixin's that make Thanksgiving dinner the amazing thing that it is, but it was good nonetheless. The pizza was good and it was just nice to sit with a Canadian friend and acknowledge the day.
Things at the kindergarten are dreadful. I barely make it through the morning and am literally counting the seconds until the class is over. At the middle school today, it was pretty bad. I just don't know how much more of this I'm gonna be able to take. The students don't pay attention. They don't listen. They skip class and they don't do the assignments I give them. I'll see how the rest of the week goes. In my other classes I have student teachers assigned. They should be helping me. If things don't improve during this week, I will complain again and almost insist that I be removed from teaching those classes.
Today, I taught the class from Henan province and they are so great. I told them how depressed it made me to teach the other classes and they were so empathetic. During the break some students came to me and told me that they liked me very much and they were sorry that I was having such a rough day. Then at the end of the class, a couple students gave me notes saying about the same. They were sorry that I was having such a hard time. It's not something I should worry about because they liked me as a teacher very much and really enjoyed my lessons. If I could teach just them at the middle school, I really wouldn't mind. Anyway, that's the update so far

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home