Thursday, September 25, 2008

Note to self

NEVER take the subway during rush hour. It's as close as you can get to genuine torture. It smells, it's crowded. There's nowhere to sit and nothing to hold on to since people bogart all the hand holds. On top of all of that people push just to get in and out. They'd step over their own mothers just to get into that train. After my last class today, I had English corner for a few minutes and then I had to meet Daisy at the visa office to get my visa renewed. I took the train out to a different part of town. It was interesting being there. It was a very business oriented part of town and had this eerie quiet sort of calm to it. At the visa office things went more or less smoothly. Also it had been a while since I'd seen so many foreigners in one place so there was something slightly comforting in that. That is of course if you disregard the African guy who decided to stand directly behind me. I could practically feel his breath on the back of my neck and needless to say I could smell his stink. "Personal space....? Ever heard of it buddy?" Anyway after leaving the visa office I was smack dab in the middle of rush hour. UGH!! What an exhausting and smelly experience. I was never happier to see my stop.
At the middle school, I had the class that I actually don't mind teaching that much but again I just gave them an in class assignment and tried to stay awake while I sat in back of the class. This particular class isn't too bad but all in all, it ain't a pleasant experience. Today I got home and was completely beyond exhaustion. Sometimes I don't even know how I make it through the days. But I gotta buck up. I'm looking for extra work and if I get it, I'm going to be even more exhausted. Charles referred me to someone who has Japanese kids looking to learn English (why they leave Japan to come to China to learn English? You got me!). We've yet to hook up and see if it's all a go. Then I got an email from another school today. Their email read as follows " We have read your qualifications and believe that you'd be suitable for our school. Come for an interview on Oct 6th at 10am. This is our address..." It was the strangest thing. I was thinking to myself "Did you want to even verify whether or not I could make that appointment?" Who does stuff like that? Oh wait! I forgot, I'm in bizarro world. I guess when it rains it pours. I'm gonna go with whomever is willing to work with me under my terms and availability.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home