Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Klaver

Well the week seemed to crawl by even though it was a short one. Luckily, the October vacation is coming up, so that'll be a wonderful week off. Anyways, today is Klaver's birthday so last night we went out to celebrate. Klaver heard about this place that was popular with the foreigners, had cheap beer and decent music. It's called The Shelter. The set up is pretty good and is actually an old bomb shelter. It's got these cool dark cave-like walls and ceilings, the beer is decently priced and the music............well, that can be improved. There were quite a few people there and I got to mingle a bit. Actually I met a guy there that I met at a club in Wuhan. It was funny that he remembered me and Klaver and I were amazed at the odds of bumping into this person in Shanghai of all places. In any event, we really liked the place. It reminded us of Vox in a way. So we've decided that it'll be our club and probably go there whenever we want to unwind. In all we had a good night, so needless to say I'm paying for it today. I don't know what the deal will be this week but we'll see how it goes. I'm starting to warm up to my neighbourhood a bit. It's a nice little area. I've got a grocery store near by and the market. There are a few restaurants in the area and a convenience store right around the corner. Now this is all well and good but it ain't to Wuhan. I miss that place so much. I'm praying that I can make a trip out there before I go. Anyway, all is more or less well.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home