Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Choices and decisions. They aren't always easy.

Ok, so I still haven't heard from the first two schools that contacted me and ofcourse these are the ones that were paying me more money. In any event, I don't have all the time in the world and was actually contacted by phone by the last school to send me an email. This was the school that was offering Y8000-Y9000. So the school contact person, Charles, called me and conducted a phone interview. I think I did pretty good since he was offering me another position with better pay. Unfortunately, this position would require me to take on a full year contract. Now as tempting as that is, it would put a huge cramp in my own plans. So I decided to decline the full year offer and opted for their single semester contract. They're paying me on the higher end (Y9000) however, I have to pay rent out of that. The only way I could make the whole thing worth my while, is if I take on extra work. I plan on doing this anyways, so no biggie. Plus Charles said that he'd help me in that respect. So I've signed and faxed the contract back and my next step is to get my visa and buy my ticket.
In other news, I was talking to Klaver about my upcoming arrival and ofcourse we're both excited. Not only to see each other but to know that we'll be in the same city in China for a while. So we started talking details about where he was going to school and where I'd be teaching. After some investigation on a map, we found that his school and my school were in the same neighbourhood. In fact they were almost within walking distance of each other. Needless to say, we were both beyond belief and even more excited. In a city of 17 million, what are the odds that I'd get a job at a school that was within walking distance of the school that my adopted little brother would be going to. I could have been anywhere else in town but no, I was near him and this is without even planning or trying. Now, he knows where he will be for sure but the address I have is only for the school. This doesn't mean that this is where I would live but atleast I know it would be in close proximity to the school and therefore, close proximity to Klaver. I'm so beyond excited. Even if I end up living somewhere that isn't uber close to the school, atleast the school itself will be close enough. So we're looking forward to spending alot of time with each other since distance isn't a factor. Again, what are the odds?
Such is life.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home