Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Days gone by

Well the past few days were pretty eventful. Last week was a whirlwind and I don’t really remember much that happened during the week. However, it was children’s day on Friday and therefore we had that day off. Lisa heard that Vox had an indie music night on Thursdays and she figured that that Thursday would be a good time to go since we didn’t have school the next day. Anyway as Thursday went on I just felt crappier and crappier. It was pouring rain and there was very little you could do to escape it other than just stay inside. I had some errands to run so I was caught in the downpour on my way home. After being soaked to the bone almost the entire day, I was in no mood to go out. I opted to stay home and have a few drinks. Well Lisa knew she wanted to go and by the time she had a few drinks, she dragged me out with her. There were a couple songs that were ok but for the most part it was a dud for me. Even Lisa agreed that it wasn’t as good as the last time we went. Anyway we left there and came back home. On Friday I had my plans to go to Vox as I usually do. I had a pretty good time. Noone wanted to come with me but I know so many people there that it really doesn’t matter. I danced, I drank and I met even more people. I ended up having such a great time that I didn’t come home till late the next morning. Upon my return home, Maya told me that they were going to go to the zoo. At first I wasn’t going to go because I had been before and it was so heartbreaking to see some of the animals but I figured it was a great opportunity for us to spend some time together outside of the apartments before we have to leave. The gang included, Klaver, Matt, Alex, Klaver’s friend, Maya, Maya’s friend and myself. Anyway, we had a great day. We also managed to find a new part of town. Some of you may remember that the town of Wuhan is divided into 3 districts. Wuchang (where I live), Hankou (where most of the clubs are) and Hanyang (where the temple and the zoo is). In fact that is how Wuhan got it’s name. The Wu from Wuchang and the Han from Hanyang and Hankou. Hanyang is also known for having a quieter and cleaner atmosphere in general. It’s such a departure from the other two. Anyway, on the far side of Hanyang is the French District, which is actually just a pedestrian street but it is very beautiful and everything is written in French. We also happened to stumble across an excellent western restaurant. The owner is American and the menu that they offer is the only strictly western menu in Wuhan. Which I could vouch for because every western restaurant we go to in Wuhan still offers some Chinese dishes or drinks. This menu had nothing Chinese and everything that you could find at a local restaurant at home. The food was fantastic but considering the distance, it’s a very expensive cab ride. We all want to go again but we’re all on a tight budget until the end of the month. On Saturday night, we decided to stay in and play charades. Once again, charades while drunk is assured to be good times. So good, actually, that we were up till 5am. At that time I had to call it a night, the boys went out to do more. After not really getting much sleep over the long weekend, I ended up getting up at 2pm on Sunday. This eventually proved to be a problem because it wasn’t until a couple hours after that, that I realized I was supposed to go to Hankou to purchase the plane tickets for Klaver and I. Well, we couldn’t make it out there before they closed, so I call the travel agent and told her that I would be out there the next day. Yesterday at lunch I went out to Hankou and paid for my tickets home. So now I can breath a sigh of relief, knowing that I’m coming home and I have my tickets in hand. So that’s the update.

28 days and counting till I come home.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home