Sunday, June 17, 2007

Update, long overdue

We’re all getting excited about coming home and it’s slowly starting to sink in for me.
Week before last, I had been looking forward to going out on Friday night for a while. It finally came and it ended up sucking. I got to Vox and I was pretty drunk as it was. The music started out ok but I noticed right away that there was a different DJ. Then this guy started playing all kinds of crap. Not that the music itself was that bad. It’s the kind of stuff that you’d sit at home and listen to while you’re hanging out, but it’s not what I want to dance to. Lisa isn’t the biggest fan of Vox but she’ll come out from time to time and really enjoy herself. She agreed that the music was just not working this time. I spent a lot of time sitting around and I don’t usually do that. Anyway, at a very early hour, I decided that I had had enough and it was time to go. I saw the regular DJ on my way out and I scolded him for not doing his job. I also made it clear to him that I was leaving and it was his fault. We had a good laugh and Lisa and I headed home. During the night on Friday, the boys were on the other side of town talking and drinking. Then Colin mentioned that it was Lisa’s 7th anniversary off of chemo and they should do something to acknowledge it. Matt, Colin and Klaver to show their love in the sweetest possible way you could, they all got their heads shaved. It was probably the most amazingly odd yet noble gesture I had seen any of them perform. It was something that touched Lisa and I have to admit, it touched me too. That Saturday I pretty much stayed inside but then we had an idea to go back to that Aloha restaurant to have a good meal. Also, we wanted to celebrate Lisa’s anniversary someplace special. It was funny how everyone in our building decided to head out to this new restaurant on the same day at the same time. The cast that travelled with me was Matt, Alex, Colin and Lisa. Then Eileen, Lillis and Sara showed up. Then later on we spotted Maya with her boyfriend. It was pretty funny.
Sometime during that week last week, I got a good idea. We’re all handing out discs to each other filled with the pics taken over the past year. I decided not only to give out those discs but I also made a mini-movie to really express the memories over the past year. I was really nervous about everyone’s opinions because I put a lot of work into it. I handed them out and I got rave reviews. I was so happy. Everyone was happy with the goodbye gift I made.
This week not much happened but we had a meeting with Mr Ye on Wednesday about the final details of our contracts. We now know what we’re supposed to do with our receipts and what the last few days of school are going to be like. I plan on just riding the wave until the end and when it’s over, I hop on a plane and head on home. Next weekend I’m going to start some minor packing and then the week after that, Klaver will start to move his stuff in. Then soon after that, him and I will be in Beijing for one last thing. I’m looking forward to the next couple of weeks. So much will happen so quickly and before I know it, I’ll be back home.

TTFN

16 days and counting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home