Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Barkeep, a round of goodbyes for everyone please

Well the weekend that passed was one of the best in a long time. We had our last potluck on Friday and it was a smashing success. Even Nick from last year made an appearance and I got my friend Chris to join in on the fun. We had a fabulous night. Lots to drink. Lots of pics. Lots of smiles. Lots of memories. I hadn't planned on going anywhere after the pot luck but I was somehow convinced (in my inebriated state) to go out to Vox. This was a good time but the music wasn't that great. Again the regular DJ wasn't there. I told him that this week coming up was my last week and he had to ensure that he ould be there to play the music I love. I think we have an agreement now. Anyway, Saturday morning I stumbled my way home.
During the day on Saturday I thought that there was a possibility that I wanted to make a last trip to Blue Sky but I wasn't sure. Then Alex and Matt told me that they were taking their co-teachers out and that after they would be making their way to Blue Sky. This was the only incentive I needed. I was going to go. So Saturday night, I made it to Blue Sky and I had everyone know that this was my last Blue Sky-er. I said my goodbyes and danced the night away. It had been a long time since I was able to go to Blue Sky and be out late and still be able to remember the night. This, luckily, happened for me this past Saturday. We stayed out very late and had an amazing time. I was, what they call, steady drunk. Not completely hammered but good drunk all night. It was a bit sad saying goodbye to the place that had been the home of so many drunken memories but it was my first round of goodbyes and I think I handled it well.
Yesterday (Monday), I reminded my kids of my departure and also got some stuff done. I had some shopping to do and I bought all the things I needed in preparation of going home. It was a good shopping day, especially for the fact that I handled all of my transactions in flawless Chinese. I got a nice hard case for my guitar, some new shoes and a carry-on bag.
Today, we got our last pay cheques and I started to cry when I gave my kids my address. Also, I said goodbye to my favourite corner restaurant and they were so surprised. Today was technically our last day but I'm gonna go in tomorrow because I want to say a good goodbye to my kids and also I have a few errands to run in the area. It hasn't fully sunken in for me but the realization is slowly coming in that I'm going home. 5 days till I'm in Beijing and 6 days till I'm in Canada.
Wow, what a roller coaster. This has truly been an adventure and a huge experience for me.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home