Sunday, August 17, 2008

One or the other

So things are again slowly coming together. I have 2 serious offers that I'm currently considering, however, I do prefer one over the other. At this point I'm just gonna take whomever wants me and/or gets to me first.
The first offer is for a school paying Y8000/mth and giving me an appartment and weekend work would be included. The second offer is for a minimum of Y11,000/mth, plus an appartment and no weekend work. Obviously I would prefer the latter but I still have to wait to be contacted for a phone interview. They never used to be so strict about this before but I've found that quite a bit has changed since the last time I was there. The last time, everything was done by email, the invitation was Fed Ex'ed to my house and after all paperwork was done, I just told them the date and time of my flight. Before, with the formal invitation, you would go to the visa office with that and would obtain a particular type of visa (not the tourist visa) that would allow you to enter the country and have a smooth transition into getting the residency permit that you need in order to live and work in the country. Now things have changed. I have to get a tourist visa in order to enter the country and then they work on getting me the residency permit that I need in order to yada yada. So now I'm just waiting on the call and praying that I hear from the Y11,000/mth before the Y8000/mth so that I can accept their offer and move on to the next step.
We'll see what happens

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home