Friday, May 25, 2007

Like it's 1999

Well there really isn't much to tell. Everyone is getting excited about going to their respective homes. We try not to talk about because we know we'll miss each other but at the same time, it's all we could talk about. Alot of us, stopped really caring about what we do because we know that we only have a short time left. We still do our jobs but the drive (if there ever was one) is certainly gone.
The weather is always an adventure. Some days blistering heat and sunshine other days, overcast and very muggy. Sometimes both in the same day. I'm trying to do more outside things since I know it would be a very long time before I come back here. I have adopted Wuhan as another home for me and I know I will miss it but nothing gives me greater pleasure than living in a country where things make sense and people are normal. Or atleast on a level of normal and abnormal that I can accept. It's very interesting watching this town develop. There have been so many developments and changes since I first came here in 2005 and they are still going. They've been working really hard and have been building a subway system in town. As I'm sure you know, most major cities do have subways and this will boost Wuhan up in the ranking a bit. Sometimes I think that I'm pretty lucky to be able to witness the begining development of this tiny town. I'm very curious to see what it'll look like in 5 years or even 10.
In other news, last night, we had ourselves a good old fashion party. We hadn't had a pot luck in a long time and we originally planned on doing one for Sarah's birthday but last week she said that she was going to Beijing on that day. Lisa was thinking not to have the pot luck but Alex and Matt, still wanted to do it. So the pot luck was on. We sat around the table, ate good food, drank and had a great time. We listened to music, danced and sang along. It was probably the best time we had together as a group in a long time. By 3am, we were all good and drunk. The boys started to get rowdy and I jokingly kicked them out of my room (which is the hub of the building - not that I'm trying to toot my own horn but it's true). Lisa went to bed and I stayed up for a bit. However, despite all the noise the boys were making outside, I hit the wall and went to bed.
Today is a big working day for me. I'm going to start packing some of the trinkets and momentos and some of my winter clothes in boxes, to prepare them for shipping at the end of June. I have to really think about... what I want to send in the boxes, pack with me, leave here to send later and throw away all together. Some tough decisions and sacfrifices will have to be made, but somebody's got to do it.
So that's the scoop

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home