Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Gossip!

So, this is the latest. Apparently there was a discovery that was made. The school realized that Nathan (the male of the new couple) couldn't speak English. Well I could have told you that. He's from Spain. English is not the first language there. Then we all noticed that his chinese was better than his English and we also noticed that when the couple was alone or just talking to each other, they spoke in Spanish. Well, when this whole thing finally came out, it was determined that it was best to fire Nathan. Yes, the actually school fired someone due to their inability to do the job. I don't know what they were thinking in the first place. I guess they were so desperate to fill the school with another couple, they just assumed that even though English wasn't his first language, the fact that he could speak it should be enough. Well, no. Maya gets away with it even though English isn't her first language (she's from Quebec) she is still from a country where English is the nation's first language. Spanish is the first language in Spain. So what's going to happen now is, by the time we come back from holiday, there will be a new teacher working with us. I don't know if the wife is still staying. I assume she is because she has all right to be here but then I suppose that the husband, will either stay at home or find a job doing something else somewhere else, but he won't be able to work for Wuchang Experimental Primary School and probably no other school in the province or in China for that matter.
In other news, I'll be going to Thailand tomorrow and I'm beside myself with excitement. I've been wanting to go for years and finally this dream is coming true. I have my bags packed and all my money is in order. My hotel is booked and my tickets are paid for and in hand. I can't wait. I'm so happy.
So that's the scoop for now. Almost everyone is going to Beijing and the brothers are going to Shanghai. I think I'm the only one leaving the country.
Well I can't wait to give you all the details when I get back. Wish me luck

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home