Saturday, April 14, 2007

Friday the 13th?

Well the week went by ok and then Friday came. I thought it was going to be a bad day. I was prepared for it and in addition to having to be at school, I also had a few errands to run duing the day. Friday the 13th turned out to be one of the best days. We all had good days. In fact, the way we described it was "oddly good". Fridays in general are my best days of the week. Unfortunately I have to get up early but I have one class first period then I have an hour break, then I have 2 classes then I have almost a 3 hour lunch, then one more class that usually gets cut short and then I go home an hour earlier than I normally would. On this past Friday, my first class got cancelled due to some big assembly they were having. Then my next class was shortened due to another assembly going over time. Then my class after that was late on their return from their previous class, so that period was also short. Then at lucnh I went to Hankou and paid for my one night in Hong Kong (I'll explain that in a bit). Then when I got back to school, I had my last class which was also cut short as usual. Then I went to my favourite store and did some shopping, then I came home. I got an invitation from an acquaintance I met last year to go out but towards the end of the evening I was zonked and decided to stay home.
In other news, I'm super excited because I'll be going to Thailand in two weeks. I think this would be my first real beach vacation as an adult. I'm really looking forward to it. My flights are as follows. I have to take a personal day on April 30th and then I leave Wuhan and go to Hong Kong, then get a connection to Phuket. Then on the way back, I leave Phuket on the 5th and I have to spend a night at the Hong Kong airport and then leave on the morning of the 6th. This is why I had to see the travel agent, to pay for this night. Atleast, in advanced, I know that this is already settled and taken care of, so it leaves me one less thing to worry about. My next step for my Thailand vacation is to call the hotel the day before, see if I could book a room, if not, then I'd do it while I was there and just pay in cash. Yesterday, Lisa was showing me some of the brochures from her visit and it looks great. I really really can't wait to be there.
In other news, my Sunday classes are on hold for the next little whle. I got a call from Steven yesterday and he said that this weekend and next weekened the students have mid-terms and they aren't available. I then told him that the 2 weekends following that I'm not available. I have to work for my school on the first weekend and then I'll be in Thailand or atleast on my way back from Thailand at that time. He seemed disappointed but there's nothing I could do. I told him from day one that there were going to be 2 weeks where I wouldn't be available. Unfortunately, he didn't do the same for me. Now there is Y600, that I'm losing, that I had already planned on getting. I wouldn't have gone shopping or gone to Metro yesterday, if I knew that this was going to happen. Anyway, c'est la vie!
Other than that, things seems to be going well. I'm excited about all the fun upcoming events and Lisa's parents are gonna be here on Thursday. So alot of good things happening and with everyday that goes by, that just one day closer to me coming home.

TTFN

80 days to go and counting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home