Monday, May 28, 2007

Unexpected shin dig

Last week, Daisy (one of my Chinese friends and a co-teacher at the school) gave me an invite to her house. She recently got married and her and her new husband moved into a beautiful apartment in Wuchang. Anyway, Matty stix, Eileen and I headed out and went over to her place. We just kinda hung out for a bit, watched tv, chatted and then we headed out to a restaurant. We had a great dinner and lots of laughs. It wasn't our final goodbye or anything but it was probably the last time we'd be at dinner together. Anyway, we had a few drinks there and after we parted ways from Daisy, we headed back home and continued the party in my room. Even Klaver, Lisa and Colin came down and had a few drinks with us.
We wanted to have fun and in addition to that, we wanted to party a bit since the next day was Matty stix's birthday. Anyways, it started to get late and then Nathan popped in and said that there was a new bar that was offering free beer to foreigners. Well free beer was all that Klaver had to hear and he convinced Colin to go with him. Matty stix and Eileen were pretty drunk and they left. I was pretty drunk and it didn't take much to convince me to go to this new bar for this free beer.
Anyway, we hopped into a cab and found that the bar was actually pretty nice, it wasn't too far and the myth of the free beer was true. The only down side was that it is a very typical Chinese bar (which isn't my favourite) but it is very nicely decorated and the music isn't too too bad. I had many a Chinese guy compliment me and buy me even more beer. All and all, I'd say that was a good night. I came home and was still in the mood to party for some reason but eventually I had to call it a night and go to bed. That was at about 3am. Needless to say, when I woke up this morning I felt like hot sick ass. I got through the day just fine but that won't be an event I'll repeat in the near future. This week Friday, after pay day, I'll be making my regular trip to Vox and then I'll go back to this place on Saturday night. I want to still live moderate but at the same time, enjoy my last month here. This is probably the only time I'll be able to live this kind of life and I have to take full advantage of it. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get back home, but I do plan on enjoying this as much as I can for as long as I can.
35 days and counting.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home