Friday, March 16, 2007

Ho Hum

Well, these past couple weeks kinda flew by in my opinion and seeing as this is my blog, my opinion is the only one that counts here. Last week we went out to Vox on Friday and I had a great time. We were supposed to make a repeat appearance the next day but, as I have learned in the past, I'm not allowed to take evening naps. Again I did this and again, I missed out on the night. There is a good side though. I was able to keep some money in my pocket and can rest easy knowing that. I really want to make sure that I have enough money to get to Thailand and eventually home.
I've really been making an effort to keep to schedules I've created. I've made myself a weekly schedule that I've been pretty good at keeping and then at school, I also have a daily schedule that keeps me focused and I think is the main reason why things seem to be going by so quickly.
In other news, I just fell in love with my grade 2E class all over again today. They have so much character about them and they are always willing to keep conversations with me in english. Conversations that are not in their text books. I love it. Today I did an impression of one of the kids in my class, Marcus, and when I asked the rest of the class whether or not my impression was correct, they all replied with a resounding yes. I had to laugh. It was really cool. Sometimes, it's just the little things. Like when they make fun of each other in english or they ask me a question using vocabulary that I haven't taught. It's amazing how even on the other side of the world and despite all of our cultural differences, kids are still just kids and it's truly a beautiful thing to watch them grow and learn.
Now for the weather. Honestly, it sucks. It's been cold and rainy almost all week and I don't know how much more of it I can take. I know it will warm up soon but it's not soon enough for me.
Tonight, we plan on going out, despite the weather and we're gonna have a good time. Tomorrow is St. Patty's day (like we needed an excuse to drink) and we'll be partying it up a bit... no, scratch that.... in true St. Patrick's day tradition, we're gonna really party it up. We may not get our pint of green beer but we got beer in green bottles. That'll have to do. Hopefully I don't nap again.
Well that's about it for now. Not much else going on.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home