Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Back to normal..... or atleast as close to normal as possible

Well things have more or less gone back to normal at school. Today I had Mr Ye and Miss Lee (the foreign department principal) come by to watch one of my classes. Luckily as part of my Chinese New Year's resolution, I've made the effort to be more organized. I plan my lessons well in advanced and each lesson is timed throughout so that I could be using the most of my class. So when they came to see that class, there was very little room for mistakes on my part. They both seemed to enjoy it but unlike the western world, they never take the opportunity to provide you with feedback. Usually if your boss watches your performance, you'll be advised of things that you've done well and areas where you may need improvement. With Chinese people, you just have to guess. Did you have a good lesson? They'll never tell. Are there areas of improvement for you? You'll never know. The only consolation that one could have at this point, is that one is not doing that bad since they haven't fired you.
In other news, the weather has been confusing. Over the weekend, there was an incredible storm. Heavy rains, lightning and thunder included. Ironically, this didn't disuade us from going out. Then Monday and Tuesday were overcast and cold and today is sunny and cold. I have been looking at the buds on the trees and they're ready to pop. Soon it will be spring and then overnight it'll be summer and an incredibly hot one at that too.
So I no longer do kindergarten this semester which kinda sucks because I'll miss the money but the good news is, I get my afternoons back and on Wednesdays I can go home at lunch. So there's a good side to everything.
Other than that, I guess everything is honky dorey. I'll keep you posted.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home