Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Nervous excitement, I think

Well after much waiting some of the new teachers finally came in yesterday. We've all been listening in the hallways just waiting for these new people. We wanna see what they look like, what kind of people they are and what our first impressions are of them. Finally no more questions. Atleast none at this time. This couple is a mixed couple that currently live on my floor replacing Roy and Angela. They both claim to be from Spain but the husband is the one with the Spanish accent. His wife has an Irish accent. I don't know either of their names yet but they look like a nerdy type of conservative straight laced couple. We don't see many nights in the future where they would be joining us for good times.
We have a meeting today at 2:30pm to discuss how we're gonna get things started and then we have to actually start working again on Thursday. I'm really not looking forward to it this time. Last year, I was missing my kids and there was a small part of me that was looking forward to going back to school. This year, no such luck. Now I know for a fact that when I leave in July, I won't be coming back for many years to come. I've had my fill of China and I think it might be time for me to go home. I suppose ofcourse that things could change over the course of time as they always do, but as it stands right now, once my ontract is over, I'm going home, home, home.
Well, we'll see how the meeting goes today and see if there are any other new teachers to report. We're all not the biggest fans of the couple but we figure we won't have much interaction with them anyway with them teaching at this branch school. Klaver is the only one that would really have to worry about them. We suspect that instead of the original 3 teachers that were supposed to come in, it might be four. We suspect this because they went out of their way to build another appartment upstairs. They took one room intended for couples and made it into two seperate rooms. They never tell us anything so we always have to speculate and we don't get an answer to our questions until everything is out in the open. Crazy way to be, I know, but that's just the way things are done and there isn't much we could do about it.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home