Thursday, February 22, 2007

The waiting game

Well, Lisa and Colin returned from their trip to Thailand and Lillis came back a few days ago. Also Matty stix and Eileen have come back so that means all teachers are accounted for. All except the new ones. We are all anxiously awaiting the new teachers arrival. None of us more than Klaver. These new teachers are all replacing the teachers that teach here at the branch school. Out of all of us, Klaver is the only one that would be working with them on a daily basis. In any event, things have gone back to normal here at the apartments. In a way I kinda miss the quiet I once enjoyed only a week ago but at the same time I’m glad that everyone had returned from their trips safely and we’ve all moved back into our old ways. Over the next little while, we’re all gonna try to get as much party into these days, because once school starts, the party is over and we’ll all have to go back to being responsible and upstanding English teachers who are lucky to party on the weekends. In related news, just in case you were wondering. No, I’m not looking forward to going back to school. I know that having a full month for holiday is a luxury that not many people could benefit from but this job this year has become exhausting. It wasn't exhausting last year. This year, the work is exhausting, the students are exhausting and the co-teachers are exhausting. It’s just one exhausting moment after another. I guess you could say I’m not looking forward to being exhausted for the next two months. Luckily we have a week long holiday to look forward to in May and then 7 weeks after that we’re all done. Sometime between now and July I want to go to Dali, which is in western China. I’ve heard so many good things about it and I know a few people that have already been there and they have said good things as well. It’s an opportunity to see a different side of China. In our May holiday, Maya and I have plans to go to Bangkok and Phuket in Thailand, so we’ll all be doing some super money saving between now and then to ensure we have a good trip. Other than that, we’re just all enjoying these last few days of freedom and waiting for the new teachers arrival. It’s almost weird being on this side of things. If I stuck with my original plan I would have been at home already and I would have been waiting for the email that gives me the gossip. Now I’m in on it and it would be interesting to see first hand how these new people affect our dynamic here.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home