Saturday, December 23, 2006

Naughty and nice

Yesterday morning I woke up and it occurred to me that it was only a few days until Christmas. I was full of Christmas cheer all day long. I did a bit of shopping and picked up a Christmas present for myself. Also I went to my favourite store and bought some more sweaters. Then at the end of the day, the school took us out for a Christmas dinner at The Buffet. The place was packed. For a country that doesn’t celebrate Christmas, there sure were a lot of people in there doing some celebrating. Anyway, dinner was pretty good. After dinner we went home and started to get ready to celebrate Mustafa’s birthday. Him, us and some of his Chinese friends, all got together, caught a few cabs and then headed out to this bar that Mustafa chose. We had an ok time but I’m not into Chinese music and that’s all they played. After a while, Maya suggested that we go to Vox. I was so down with that idea. So another cab ride later, we were there. We had a great time at Vox and then I just remember coming home and passing out. This morning I woke up feeling like ass, but I couldn’t sleep in because we had some things to do today. Lisa, Colin, Alex and myself had to go to Metro because we had to pick up some stuff for Christmas dinner as well as I needed a few things for the breakfast that we have planned on Christmas eve morning. We made it through the day and now I have to go back out again because I need to buy a cake and I still have to pick up something at our local grocery store.
In other news, with Roy and Angela leaving unexpectedly because they are expecting, the school practically twisted my arm to stay for the second semester. I’ve agreed. Now that things have changed I have to re-evaluate everything. This affects a few things but I don’t think it’s anything I can’t handle. Everyone here is so happy that I’m staying. It makes me wonder how they would have treated the new person had I left. Lisa already told me that she planned on being mean to them and that they would have had to work really hard for her to give in and eventually like them. It’s so weird to hear that sometimes. I feel like they have me on this pedestal. Actually it feels kinda good to know that people enjoy your company so much that they feel you are irreplaceable.
So the blog will go on just a bit more.
I’m looking forward to Christmas and then soon after that, my 29th birthday. Also, I’m looking forward to watching my kids grow just that much more over the next 6 months. I guess I’m looking forward to the future. That’s a good thing….right?


TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home