Friday, December 29, 2006

The “joys” of having a birthday so close to a major holiday.

So Wednesday was Maya’s birthday. She and I both know how hard it is to have a birthday so close to probably the biggest holiday of the year. It sucks. So I knew that it was important that we celebrate it right. After school we got together in Maya’s room, had a few shots and then headed over to Café Brussels. I haven’t been there since I’ve been back and my mouth was salivating for the mussels. They’re really good there. Well I was surprised to see that not too many people were there but that was good. We didn’t have to worry about a table. I placed my order for the mussels and they tell me that they don’t have any. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. We still had a good time and Maya was very happy with her gifts. After dinner we decided to go to Soho. Once again, this was another place I haven’t been to since I’ve been back and I was very surprised to find the place packed with people. The music was ok. It was mostly Chinese but at one point they played my song. So that made me happy. I met some more wonderful people and generally had a great time. I didn’t stay out too late nor did I drink too much and things worked out nicely. Matt, Alex and Lisa left before we went to Soho and it was Klaver, myself, the birthday girl, Mustafa and Colin that partied it up. Then soon after arriving at Soho, the birthday girl had to go due to a headache and Klaver went with. Then Mustafa insisted that I drink more but I declined. Then I left them at around midnight. I figured that even though I’m sleeping in the next day, I should still get a decent night’s sleep.
Anyway, this week is doing all kinds of funny things. Apparently because we got Christmas day off and we’re gonna be getting new year’s day off and an additional 2 days off after that, we have to work this weekend. So on Friday, we worked on the Tuesday schedule and today we’ll be working on the Wednesday schedule and then on Sunday, there isn’t really going to be any lessons. But the good thing is that we’d be off for the 3 days that follow that. Then on Thursday we’ll be working a regular schedule and on Friday, there is some kind of pageant or concert or something that the kids will be doing, so there won’t be any classes. Not a bad way to get through the holidays, huh?

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home