Sunday, September 10, 2006

Cocktail flu

Cocktail flu is the feeling you have after a night of hardcore drinking. Also see hangover.
Anyway, my postings won't be as often as they used to. We have one server that we share with 11 people. If we're all on there at the same time then none of us could really be on the internet. It really sucks. I had a routine of checking my email and updating my blog at particular times and that's usually the same time everyone else is online so it isn't as easy. I'll just have to do it whenever I get a chance.
Anyway, this week has been great. My grade one classes love me and my grade two classes are just happy that I'm back. Mr Ye asked me to teach kindergarden so I'll be making some extra money that way. Friday was teachers' day and I got a lot of flowers from my kids and a few gifts as well. Also, the school had a karaoke competition for the chinese teachers and that was a bit of a bore. I couldn't understand anything that was being said but we made the best of it and cheered for the co-teachers we know and work with. They also had a draw for prizes and I won a prize of Y280 gift card that I can use at a salon. I think I could get massages or something. Then after that show the school took us out for dinner at this buffet restaurant that we had been to last year. All us foreign teachers sat together and laughed up a storm. The good thing about this restaurant is that they have all you can drink wine and beer. Upon Lisa's demand we decided to get drunk. Many glasses of wine later, the school set up a bunch of taxis to get us home. Once at home we decided to buy more beer and got even more drunk together. Yeah, it wasn't pretty for me the next day. I was down for the count with the cocktail flu and didn't recover until this morning. Then I heard that the boys had another night of crazy drinking last night. Anyway, I'm getting ready for school tomorrow. Money is a bit tight but I think I'm managing. I've been eating really cheap and trying to keep my costs down.
If anything else happens I'll let you know but like I said, my posts probably won't be as often as they did before but that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep reading.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home