Monday, September 11, 2006

Not too much

Well yesterday was pretty uneventful. I'm starting to get into the swing of things. I got some left over gifts from my students. I guess with teachers day falling on the Saturday, some gave gifts on Friday and others gave gifts on Monday. It was pretty cool. I'm forcing my grade 2 kids to think by hardly using my co-teacher. Not that she would prove to be very useful anyway. She could hardly speak english but either way I think it's better for the kids if I don't use the co-teacher and they are forced to think and have a better chance to learn than if the info is just handed to them by translation.
Anyway, Valerie, Annaick's french friend wanted to hook up with me to chat, catch up and make some DVD exchanges. Also she wanted to see where I lived to figure out where it was in relation to where she lived. I couldn't really tell her and the info on the map is wrong. So we went to the restaurant, had a few beers and then later had something to eat. And for the first time ever, I was in the kitchen and I watched Baba make one of our meals. It was fun and very interesting. It takes about 5 minutes to make one meal. Fry the veggies for 2 minutes. Take those out, fry the chicken. Take that out, put the veggies back in and add the spices, then add the chicken back and toss. You are done. It was pretty cool.
Then Valerie dropped me home and I pretty much went to bed almost right away. At first I though I was just getting used to the time adjustment and this is why I was going to bed so early but I've figured it out. It's because I get up so early in the morning that by 9 o'clock I'm ready for bed. Whereas before I'd go to bed at around 11pm or midnight but I would be up at 8:30 or 9 in the morning. So it all works out.
Anyway, I have another day of school and then on Wednesday, my friend Chris asked me to help out a girl he met that needs to have her hair braided. Appearently she's really nice and is from Oklahoma. Looks like I got a busy week full of appointments and meetings.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home