Monday, August 21, 2006

Bye frying pan...hello fire

Well this weekend was insanely busy. Good thing is that I got to see many people that I hadn't seen since last year, in some cases it had been 2 years. I told my tale of China about 47 million times but it was well worth it. Besides I had never known I would miss these other friends of my life as much as I did. Most of these people I only see every year in the summer anyway. The same amount of time had passed since the last time I saw them but for some reason it felt like I hadn't seen them in years. A bonus for me is that there was a unanimous feeling from everyone that I had changed for the better and I have to say that I feel it too. I know I have, and every day I feel better about being me.
In other news, I finally got my ticket today. Actually it just arrived by express mail courier about 10 minutes ago. Everything is in order and I feel better having that thing in my hand. My flight leaves at 8:50am on Sunday Aug 27th. In a small way I'm looking forward to it but in so many other ways I'm dreading it. I feel like I might be forgotten all over again. The best thing about going back is now that I know I can do 10 months, 5 months should be a piece of cake. Heck it's at the 6 month mark that you start getting tired and I won't even get to that point. I have a great trip to look forward to with my mom and possibly my dad in January. I have friends waiting for me in China. I have 135 amazing children that love and adore me. I work at a school that for the most part treats me fairly and I live an almost fantasy life partying every weekend. So I guess there's a big part of me that's looking forward to this since there are so many positives. Regardless, I'll be missing home, friends, family...... everything.
I'll try to keep postings as regular as possible before I go.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home