Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My days are numbered

Well I've started to get my head in gear for getting back to China. I've emailed Mr Ye and told him when my plane is arriving and he's assured me that he'll be there to pick me up. I haven't exactly started packing but I have a mental list of what I want to take with me. I have so little time to see friends and family before I go, some of whom I haven't seen since I got back. While I am on vacation, it's not all umbrella drinks and late night parties. Not having any money nor a source of income makes it difficult for me to do much of anything. I guess I've made the best of the situation and living at home does help, but there are times that I wish I could just hop in my car and go somewhere and do something. Not having my car (since I loaned it to my uncle till I get back) and not really knowing where I'd like to go or what I'd like to do, leaves me in the same position I'm in now I guess.
In any event, I'll be on a plane in less than 2 weeks. I'm going to be seeing some friends and family this week. I'll be seeing some more friends this weekend and then next week I'll be packing to hit the skies again. I know once I get back to China I'll be counting the days till I get home but in going to China, I have another little adventure to go through.
We have a one week holiday in October and I'm hoping to go to Dali, which is a city in western China and then in January my mother wants to come again so that we can go to Thailand (specifically Bangkok) and Hong Kong. If we can get my dad's paperwork done in time, we want to get him to come as well. I think that that would be an excellent trip. Globe trotting with my parents. Then when we get back to Wuhan, my dad can see my chinese life for a few days. Mom and I have already started making tentative plans and she's working on booking her vacation. When I get back to China, I'll start doing my work and checking airfares and best times to start making reservations. Since that time in January is right around Chinese new year time, it will be very busy and prices would probably be higher than they should be. I know for almost sure that my mom would make it, the only question mark would lie with my dad but he knows I want this and he feels the same way too. If he doesn't make it, it's because it just wasn't meant to be.
Anyway, not much else has been going on but once I get closer to D-day, I'll probably have more details. Heck, I'm still waiting on my ticket to arrive.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home