Thursday, August 10, 2006

More news from China

So I get this email from Russell. He felt the need to let us know that when we got back, we would have to move out right away. I was thinking "Yeah, I don't need you to tell me what to do. I know what I have to do. I was actually provided the info directly from my boss." But I think I was thinking that because I was in a bitchy mood. Anyway, he did manage to provide some actual news. The sisters. The infamous live-in-one-room-like-hermit-crabs sisters sent an email to Mr Ye. It would seem that they were not very happy with their situation in China and emailed Mr Ye to say that they were going to cancel their contract and not return to China.


Well needless to say, none of us are at all surprised.



Yeah we knew that was coming almost from the word "go". Now the school is really up shit creek. They have to fill 7 teacher positions. My friend Chris that works in Hankou is desperately trying to get out of his school and frankly speaking I think he should have left a long time ago. They work him ragged there and he has really shitty hours. I tried to get him into my school before but Mr Ye gave me the run around in his oh so unique Chinese way and never contacted him. If by the time school starts they are still desperate for teachers, I think I can pass Chris' name over and they would probably (at that time) jump at the chance. I believe the school may have a very difficult time getting seven teachers. They have hard enough times getting 1 or 2.
In any event, I have been running around all day and I seem to not really get anything done. What I'm trying to say is that the past few weeks I've been busy. I should be getting my ticket soon and very shortly I'll have to start packing. I'm happy to be home since I've been spending quite a bit of time with my friends, especially my best friend. It feels like we get closer and closer everytime we talk.
Anyway, I just wanted to get you caught up.
Any other details will be posted accordingly.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home