Saturday, April 29, 2006

SERENITY NOW!!

Coles’ notes version of the past weekend. My friend Gary called on Saturday in the late morning saying that he had a bad day and was looking for a party. I told him that I had a birthday party to attend and he was more than welcomed but he was looking for a party party. Anyway, Matthew’s birthday was on Thursday but he decided to celebrate it on Saturday. Anyway, that night we had a good time laughing talking etc. By the time 11 o’clock came around, we were all pretty drunk. Anyway I got a text message from Gary saying that he was at Hankou Blue Sky and I could meet him there. Very drunk I hailed a cab and was on my way. I go there had a few more to drink and then we were all pretty much kicked out when they closed at 3am. Somehow (and I say somehow because I actually don’t really remember how this happened) we got to Soho and I assume we partied there but that part of the night was pretty fuzzy. Anyway, I got home at 5:30 am. Yeah, if you are wondering, I had a hangover and it would have to be later that day because I can’t really say the next morning..
Anyway, I had this whole fiasco going on. Like I said, I wanted to go to Dali but Matty stix didn’t want to leave on the Wednesday because he was concerned about stepping on toes. For his sake and because I care, I agreed to try to get the train tickets changed. Daisy offered to go with me to the ticket counter but at the last minute she couldn’t go anymore. However she gave me a note to give to the ticket agent explaining the situation and what I needed to have done. I knew the note wouldn’t do much to help me because if the ticket agent had a question or something, I would have a bit of a hard time understanding and providing an answer. Anyway I went with my note and what I thought would happen did actually happen. The woman was babbling about something in Chinese and I had no clue what she was saying or what to do. Luckily there was someone in the line that spoke a bit of English that was able to tell me that in order to make the change I had to go to the train station. Actually all she said was train station and I figured out the rest. <<>> Anyway, I practically begged a friend of mine to get the tickets changed for me since I obviously couldn’t do it on my own. Anyway, they went but by this time it’s already too late. The holiday is on Monday, everything is booked, we had no choice but just refund the tickets. Now we’re stuck. Too late to buy another train ticket to anywhere and we don’t want to just sit around for a week.
In any event we took a plan B. I bought plane tickets for Guangzhou and Matty stix and I will be going to Hong Kong. We’ve made hotel reservations and have the whole trip planned out. I think we’ll have an awesome time.
At the school, they all planned a trip on Friday that they all knew about (well in advanced by the way) and neglected to tell any of the foreign teachers until 10pm the night before and this was done by email. Well I was already in bed by then, Matt doesn’t check his email regularly and the rest of us found out the morning of. We were all pretty pissed and none of us ended up going. Mind you I was kind of upset because I was looking at my last time to spend time with my kids outside of the classroom but still, it was ridiculous that they never sad anything until the 11th (in this case the 10th) hour. They all knew about it and still…. nothing.So anyway, we’re working this weekend and I found out from Harry (still no info from the school) that we are working Thursday and Friday schedule for these days. Everything is so fucked up here and it’s all because of this new headmaster. At first I was thinking that maybe because I was in a state of euphoria that I didn’t notice that there were problems and because now I’ve made that decision to go home, everything just seems to bother me more now. But I’ve come to realize that it wasn’t that I was just “putting up” with things before, now, they have really just gone down the crapper. Anyway, I could go into so much more detail but this entry is long enough as it is. I’ll try my best to keep you regularly posted for the next few days but when I get back, my updates will be all about my trip to Hong Kong.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home