Friday, September 23, 2005

Precious little angels

Well I have turned off my fan for the first time since I got here and I've finally stopped sweating. When I arrived in China, I was sweating so much from the heat and because it was hot all the time (morning, noon, night, midnight, 4 in the morning) I just never stopped sweating. So like I said the weather is changing. I actually had to wear a sweater yesterday and I may have to change my top sheet to my comforter to sleep now. I woke up this morning and I was curled into a little ball because I was feeling cold and my sheet did little to help me. Anyway, I'm a little concerned about the winter. Even though there is no snow and the temperature doesn't go too low (not like in Canada atleast), without the heat to provide you some warmth and relief, I might end up always feeling cold all the time. For me this really sucks because I hate winter. We'll see what happens.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch. I gave my test yesterday and had to give a few people zero for cheating. They thought I was kidding about that. Silly, little children. Nonetheless, I'm very interested in seeing how the rest of them do. I had a look at a few papers and saw some of them doing well. Others, however, hadn't even written a thing.
My kids are so amazing though. Yesterday after lunch I had activity with 2 of my classes. Basically the activity class is the class in which we play a game or sing a song or just do something fun in general. Anything but actually following the curriculum. I like the activity classes just as much as the kids. I don't really have to think and we all have fun.
Yesterday we sang the hokey pokey and they had a blast. They really liked the part when "you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around" They just kept laughing.
It's so funny how some things are just universal. Children all over the world behave in the same manner at the same ages. They react the same way to different situations. It's really very cool. They are my precious little angels. So enough about me and my kids, I just love them alot and wish I could take some of them back with me.
So now I have to pull out my winter clothes and get ready or cold times ahead. I seriously don't think that there will be another warm day. Mother nature has made up her mind and she will not deviate. It's very odd because I'm not used to the weather changing so quickly. It literally happened overnight. One night we were sitting in my room, we had to have the AC and the fan going and we were all sweating. The very next night, we all took off our fans and had to find sweaters to wear to go out.
Well that's about it.........
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home