Thursday, September 22, 2005

just for update's sake

Well the weather is changing and it's starting to get cool. Annaick is very excited that winter is coming. She loves winter and winter sports. Personally I hate winter. Everything about it. The coldness, the runny noses, the bundling up, the care you have to take when walking on show/ice. I hate it all. Luckily there is no snow here but it can get pretty cold. Anyway, the chill in the air can now be felt and my knee is bothering me a bit so I know the weather is changing.
Anyway, I'm starting to fall in love with some of my students. I told a few of them that I would be taking that back to Canada with me. They are just so cute. Now more than ever they run to me on my way to class to get first dibs at holding my hand. It's come to the point that I leave the office about a minute or 2 before class starts so that the majority of them are already in class so that I'm not hounded on my way there. Before, I would leave with lots of time but so many of them were in the hallways that I had a hard time getting to my class. They are adorable though.
So I'm gonna be having a test today, to complete the first unit. One class surprised me when we did review and knew everything they were supposed to know. Another class was very disappointing and not a single person could read what I wrote on the board. We'll see how their tests come out.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, since our internet it back, we've all been feeling batter. Now we also have some cable TV going but with it being in chinese it doesn't help us much. There is one english channel but that can get very boring. We've pretty much stuck to our movies.
Yesterday, Patrick was telling me that a chinese friend of his invited him to a party at the university and if I wanted to come. I agreed for 2 reasons, 1) I'm always up to party and don't let the fact that I have to work the next day stop me from doing so, 2) I knew Patrick would want some company, plus some help since he's on his crutches still. So after dinner we got ready and we were off. We caught a cab to the university and when we got there and tried to call this friend (named Damien), his phone was turned off. Then we took a cab to his house and noone was there. Then we tried calling again and the phone was still turned off. After standing around for a bit, we decided to go home. On the way there we had a thought of big plans to pick up some potato chips and go home and watch a movie. When we got back into the neighbourhood, the store that we were going to buy the chips at was closed. Needless to say we were disappointed. So we walked back home, on the way we saw this local fast food place. We stopped in for a bite and apparently made the day of the staff, who were so excited to see us. They couldn't stop giggling and ofcourse spent most of their time staring at us.
So we left there and while walking up to the house we said that we could still watch a movie but when we got to the house, someone was already watching TV. So basically our entire night was a bust. We did nothing we planned on doing and spent a lot of money on cab fare for nothing. I did tell Patrick that there was a positive side to this, he atleast got out of the house for a few hours. Small consolation but something is better than nothing.
While we were sitting in my room chatting and stuff, Damon stopped by for a bit. We showed him the pics from the night we all partied after bowling and he had seen Patrick with the cast for the first time.
There was a bit of a funny moment however. Patrick was sitting around thinking about how frustrated he was now that he's in a cast. He says "I can't believe this happened to me. I liked walking. Things were so much easier then. Look at me now, I can't do anything. I can't run or jump, or sing or play" I burst out laughing "Patrick, your ankle has nothing to do with your voice. You can still sing!!" It was a funny moment.
Anyway, that's about it for now. I have my test to give out to my classes today, then in the afternoon I have activity classes, then we'll see what the weekend has in store. Hopefully some fun.
You'll be the second to know.

TTFN

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

Hey you ;) Just updated my own blog about our BC trip. We arrived back here Wednesday. Glad to hear things are going well with you. Miss you lots.... love you bunches. Vicky

6:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home