Sunday, September 25, 2005

a little trip

Well today was a petty good day. Annaick, Roy, Angela and myself went to the museum. Many beautiful things to see.
China recently (and when I say recently I mean like the past 30 years or so) found the tomb of an ex-ruler, Marquis Yi of Zeng State. The historic culture was both beautiful and awe inspiring. I took many pictures but my only mistake was not getting the captions or even writing down the names of the things I took. In any event, the pics came out very beautiful. Also I took some video. There were three big and hugely important pieces I saw. One was the actually coffin he was buried in which was a massive outer coffin and then an inner one. When I say massive I mean 8 feet wide, 10 feet high and about 15 feet long. Yeah huge!! Also there were these 2 different type of bowls. One type came in a set of nine and the other type had eight bowls. Apparently this is how wealth and importance was determined and there is a significance with the numbers 8 and 9. Only the wealthiest and most important would have the 8 and 9 bowl set. Aristocrats and the like would have the bowls as well buried with them but not that many. The least important you were the less bowls you had. All very interesting. Now the biggest and most important piece, which was amazing to see and surprising to see that it was still intact. The musical bells. They were absolutely huge and very very beautiful.
I had to actually sit and just watch them. It was a very inspirational sight. I couldn't just take one picture of it so I had to take video. I'm hoping I don't have any more problems with the blogger program so that I can get some pics on here for you to see but the pics only tell part of the story. You really had to be there.
After we went through and saw all of the exhibits, we stayed for the orchestral show. They had a replica of the bell set as well as other instruments that were used in that time period. Watching and listening to them play was very beautiful. I got video of that as well and a few pics. When you see all of this you really get a sense of the history of China and it really makes you want to learn and discover more. I really had a great time and am glad I went.
So I will see what I can do and try to get some pics on here for you.
Now, I have to go to bed. We all take turns doing a sentence of the week and tomorrow is my turn. My sentence this week is "let's go for a walk". I have to get up earlier that normal because I have to be ready for the assembly at 8am. I'm gonna have to do this sentence with style though. Just to spice it up a bit.

TTFN
Chili

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home