Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hey, bada boom, bada bing

Well, today was "graduation day". I am officially qualified to teach english as a second language. I finished my course today and I couldn't be happier. Actually I have made some interesting friends in my class and we will be keeping in touch. It would be interesting to compare their adventures to my own as we will all be going on them around the same time.

So now I can really start actively looking for work. Oxford Seminars (the company I took the course with) actually has a placement service. I'm gonna be taking advantage of that as I think it'll be best for me. They do all the work and all I have to do is get my shit together and start packing. I can't believe how quickly this week has gone by and how much I have learned. I'm just about 2 steps away from being on that flight to China. I truly hope that I don't end up having any conflicts with a contract I want to take and the renn fest.

I want to leave in September, either in the 3rd or 4th week. That way it will give me some time to prepare after the renn fest is over and will also give me some time to say bye bye to as many people as possible. I really don't want to leave in a rush and then regret not seeing people that are important to me before I go. And yes, that includes all of you that take the time to read this blog.

Anyway, I'm gonna go look for some work in town tomorrow with the hopes of starting next week. Also I have to call Oxford Seminars and let them know that I will take advantage of the placement service and get them starting to look for a job at a Chinese school.

To be completely honest for a second. This adventure, while I look forward to it, is completely unlike myself (for those of you who know me very well, you would agree). While I am sometimes wacky, funny, silly and completely insane, when it comes to daily life, I'm usually safe. Not that going to China is terribly unsafe, but it puts me in a position where I am outside of the box of safety that I have become used to. I'm not sure if you know what I mean but if you do, I guess you get it. Not to bring anyone down but I guess what I'm trying to say is I need something to wake me from this slumber. I don't want to turn around in 10, 20 or 50 years and have a "life" that I regret. I guess I want to have a type of rush (not related to sex) that I can look back on and say that I did enjoy.

Anyway, enough of that now. I finished my course. I'm almost there. I'm excited and I can't wait to tell you all about my adventures. So keep reading, the blog so far is the tip of the iceberg and things are only going to get better. Tisha will actually be in China soon.

TTFN :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tish said...

well rick, the employees of the renn fest got together and created their own company using the same players. hence the reason why i have renn fest plans.

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger Tish said...

thanx, that means alot coming from you Mike.

11:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home