Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Just to let you know

Ok, I heard that some people were having a hard time leaving comments, so I've fixed the blog for that problem. Now you can leave a comment under anonymous and not have to be a member or anything. So, please feel free to leave any comments, I'm always glad to read them from the people that do.
Also, once I complete my class and get the internet working on my laptop, my next project is to get pics on the blog so that I can change up this monotony.
Speaking of my class, this guy Brian is a real loser. Yesterday, the instructor made a chart on the board and asked everyone to write their name in a square. Everyone obliged without a problem. Brian had some trouble with this. He couldn't even write his own name and then when he did he was constantly making corrections. Oh to be a fly on the wall of his classroom! I feel sorry for both parties. However, we (the class) will get an idea of his "teaching style" once he does his practicum. The practicum (which has the word 'cum' in it, so naturally I like saying it) is basically the final exam for this course. It is where you create a lesson plan on your own from start to finish with all materials etc and then you act as the teacher and carry out that lesson. There are some other details but I won't bore you, but basically that is your one practice shot because after that, you'll be doing the same thing, however, in front of a real class.
So now I'm half way through, I have an idea on what I want to do for my practicum and I have an idea on where in China I want to go. I have definitely decided to teach at a public school as I will be immersed in the culture more and I would be exposed to different types of people. A couple of my classmates have agreed to keep in touch even after we are placed, so things are beginning to gel for me.
In the mean time I have to think about getting a part time job or something where I can make some money with little effort or responsibility. I know there aren't much possibilities of that except for fast food or something but I still haven't decided either way. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home