Friday, June 17, 2005

The wait is almost over

Well, one of 2 days that I've been waiting for is almost hear. Tomorrow is the day I start my teaching class. The second day I'm waiting for is the day I actually go to China. Heck this is the whole reason why I started this blog. I started it so that my friends can have a way to keep an eye on me, see what I'm doing and be able to contact me when I go to China. While the blog started for fun it really is a communication link for when I actually leave the country. Hence the name of the site "Tisha in China". Everything that I do in this upcoming week and the months to follow will center around my efforts to get to China.
Anyway, tomorrow is the first day of class. I'm nervous and excited. I've never really been on a university campus. Well, actually only twice. Once was at Ryerson to visit a friend and the second and more recent time is when I went to York for the info session that Oxford Seminars held (Oxford Seminars is the company that I'm taking the course with). Like I said before I have to go down to the UofT campus to take this particular class. That in itself is a journey and a hike, especially from Brampton.
Now, once I complete this course, I can actively start looking for a contract. This is where things get specific. So I apply for work based on the contracts I see, all of which is done online of course. Then they get back to me if they are interested in my resume (the course also has a resume class to help you create one that looks good). If they are interested, they'll do a phone interview and from there they'll let you know whether or not you are hired. I'm looking for a contract that will start in September. I'm pretty confident that I'll get a job as the demand in China is very high. Oxford Seminars has a money back guarantee that if you don't get a job after sending 20 applications, they'll give you your money back for teh course. They said that they haven't had to do that yet. So I'm almost as good as gone. I gotta say I will miss alot but the reward of the experience will be amazing.
Well I'm off to school tomorrow, I'll let you know how my first day went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home