Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Ok, here it is

Ok, so I went to New Orleans and I gotta tell ya, I'm thinking of moving. If you can get out there I strongly suggest it. The people are so incredibly friendly. I now know the difference. Canadians are polite. IE, when you approach, the please and thank you's are there. Also the "have a nice day" when you're leaving etc but people in New Orleans are genuinely nice. You can say hi to anyone and you don't have to approach or face someone for them to say hi. Plus the thing that gets me the most and may cause me to move is the fact that New Orleans is such a sexy town. I was able to go to a regular gift shop/convenience store and bought a lighter that has the same look, feel and shape of a penis and vibrates when opened. Let's not forget Mardi Gras. Girls flash for beads. HELLO?! I've been do that for nothing. So I'm gonna have to go back for Mardi Gras so that I can have a great time with everyone else.
Anyway, the friendly atmosphere of the people really rubs off. I found myself saying hi to strangers as well. The first few days of my trip wasn't great because it was overcast and rainy but the plus to this rain is that it was hot out still. Much unlike this Canada rain that seems to still be frozen even in the middle of summer. We found out half way through the rain that we were actually in the beginning of the rainy/hurricane/tornado season. (yes, I know big downside to living there). However, people have been living there for years and are very happy with the lives that they live.
Now, on the days that were sunny, it was great. The sky was perfect blue and that sun just felt amazing. That's what I want to live in. Anyway, I haven't made a real decision one way or the other and I still have my plans to go to China, but I can't see why New Orleans won't be a great place to live. I know that visiting some place is very different than living there but from what I've seen, I don't see why not.
Now on my way to New Orleans we made a stop in Tennessee. Mostly to sleep because we couldn't drive the whole way but also to see a friend of mine. I didn't really know much about Tennessee but on our way back we decided to stay an additional night. During the day we went to a local attraction. This place called Ruby falls. We didn't know what to expect but when we got there, we were completely amazed. Basically it is this waterfall that's located something like 400 feet under ground of this mountain. It is a truly awesome sight. On the way to the waterfall there are all these rock formations and stalactites and stalagmites. Words can't fully describe the sights down there, if you want you can go to the website (www.rubyfalls.com) and get an idea of the natural beauties that are located on this earth and deep below ground. Anyway, I can't see anyone going to Tennessee just for that but if you are in the area, I do recommend that you stop by.
Anyway, I'm still having problems loading pics onto this site but as soon as I work it out, I'll be able to post vacation pics, including pics from Tennessee's ruby falls, plus my New Orleans pics, including my trip to the bayou.
Meanwhile......back at the ranch, I finally got my smart serve certificate with my certificate number, so now I'm in business. I'm gonna try to get a job or 2 with my instructor. If that pans out I'll provide the details. Also, a week from this Saturday I'll be starting my teaching course. I've received my class locations etc and am getting excited about getting started. Once I complete the course, I can start looking for a contract. Once I secure a contract, my plans can firm up (ha ha I said firm) any way, after that I'll have a better idea on my next step and where I'll be staying and all that good info. I'm so excited about this upcoming adventure. Before it seemed like so long ago, now the time is almost here. I hope you are enjoying my blogs and I look forward to your comments. Anyway TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home