Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Last day of school

So the last day of school has finally arrived. My grade twos finished their exams on Monday and my grade ones finished their exams on Tuesday. I asked Mr Ye what the hell was left that I had to do and he said that I should do some activities with my kids. I tried to make him see that there was no point to that but either he wasn't budging or he was conveniently not understanding what I was saying. I left it and figured that I would just drag my feet the rest of this week. So yesterday, I had to go into my grade two class and we just read from the text book. My stupid co-teacher tried to get me to start the next unit but I shot her down without blinking an eye. I'm not starting the next unit I'm supposed to be starting next semester. First to begin, there is no point and secondly I don't have any lessons or teaching aids planned and thirdly, I just don't want to. Besides, according to my bosses, I don't start that unit for another 5 weeks. Halfway through my morning yesterday, I was told that one of my grade one classes was cancelled and then when I went into the other one, the head teacher said that she was taking the class. I was elated. I left school, came home and got so much work done.
Today I'm hoping that more classes are cancelled since the students have math and chinese exams today and tomorrow. That means that the last day of school should be a breeze for me. Hopefully we also get paid today and hopefully I sign my new contract and get all that shit in order. Yeah, I know, there are alot of "hopefullys" in that sentence but that's the way the chinese are. You can't say definitely for anything because everything could change.
Anyway, we're supposed to have a meeting today and that should give us the details on how the holidays will play out, when we're expected to be back and tie up any other loose ends.
Meh but at the same time yay for the upcoming holiday.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home