Monday, May 15, 2006

HK - May 3rd 2006

This morning we woke up pretty early for some reason and headed out. We got some breakfast and then were at a loss of what to do next. Not much was open and it was still raining pretty heavily. We went over to a street market I knew but they weren’t open yet. Actually they were just starting to set up. After getting good and wet as well as annoyed, we headed over to the hotel and after a half hour or so, we got sick of that and went out for coffee. Feeling better after the coffee we decided that enough time had passed and we should give the market another try. Fortunately they were open and we did some shopping. I got some great things for friends and myself but I’ve only been here to days and I’m almost broke. HK is an expensive town. I think I’ll manage. I’ve pretty much gotten everything I wanted and I’ve put aside my money to get me home, so the rest of money I have will be used for food and booze pretty much. Plus I have my credit card (that I can actually use in this town) for extreme emergencies only. In the evening we went separate ways. I decided to go to HK island and watch the Symphony of lights from that end. It wasn’t quite the same as watching it from the Kowloon side. There are only about 3 or 4 buildings lit up with some of the surrounding buildings flashing spotlights and there’s no music. After that, I met up with Matt at the hotel and we went out for dinner. We didn’t want to go back to the hotel so we went over to HK island and walked around for a bit, took some pictures and after we started to get tired, we caught the last ferry back and headed to bed. I have no clue what we’re going to do for the next few days. I guess we’ll just see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home