Monday, May 15, 2006

HK - May 2nd 2006

Well we had and early morning but all of our travel arrangements went smoothly. We caught our plane, got to Guangzhou and had no trouble with the cab. Then we caught the next train to HK with very little problems. Once in HK we hopped on a subway and in a few short minutes we were at the hostel. This is where things took an unexpected turn. I was expecting a hostel similar to the one I stayed at before, but got a rude awakening. I did read about this place on the net and it did ay that while the rooms are cheap, they are a bit on the dingy side. Well that’s what we found. We asked for a standard double room and got the tiniest room with one double bed. Now I have no problems sharing a bed with Matt. We’re friends and I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable, but I know he wouldn’t and he wouldn’t want to share the bed with me or anyone for that matter. Anyway, the guy (Calvin) that we made our arrangements with realized that he made a mistake (because we asked for 2 beds) and offered to put us in the dorm for the same price it would have costed us for the room. The dorm is very ghetto with 5 bunk beds totalling 10 people in a small room. Some of the people staying there look like they’ve been living there for months. The only thing that made us stay was the fact that it was cheap and we really only wanted a safe place to sleep at night. Anyway after settling in we headed out. First thing we did was go over to HK island and had dinner at this Thai restaurant I found the last time I was there. The food was even better than before and Matt got to see a bit of HK island. After dinner we got back into Kowloon and watched the symphony of lights, then it started to pour. It was raining pretty heavy. I’m beginning to think that HK doesn’t like me because this is the second time I’ve come here and the weather has been bad. Anyway, after the light show we went bar hopping and called it a day around midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home