Friday, March 17, 2006

Mother nature is such a bitch

This entire week has been a weather roller coaster. One day warm and sunny, the next day cold and rainy, then back to sunny again. Then last night, very foggy. You could see more than 10 feet ahead of you.
Anyway, this week has been ok. Eva is slowly learning the ropes but I know my life would be easier if she just went away and I had only Lily. Other than that I've been ok. I had a cough all week that I couldn't explain the reason for. It seems to be gone. Now that Thursdays and Fridays are my busiest days, I'm so very tired at the end of the day. Yesterday however, Annaick....actually Valerie, Annaick's french friend wanted me to come out with them for dinner. So I decided to go. I try not to go to everything they invite me to because sometimes I end up regretting it being the only anglofone in the group, but I had a good feeling about this time and I was really craving western food and they said that they would be going to Giano's. Anyway, Matt became a last minute addition and we headed out. First we went to Valerie and her boyfriend's apartment for drinks. It's a long story about what they do and why they make alot of chinese money, but they just do and they live in a beautiful apartment overlooking south lake. It is definitely not a chinese style place. Very western and very modern. Like a condo. It was at night so we could see out but the apartment itself was very beautiful. Plus they had this huge wall mounted flat screen TV. It was really good.
Anyway, after we finished our drinks, the five of us headed out and had a fantastic time at Giano's. We talked about everything and drank and ate and really had a nice time. Today I'm going to be telling Matt that it is not always like this. I think because there were now 2 anglofones (still a minority in the group but more than one) everyone spoke english. Usually when it is just me, they speak french and every once in a while make a comment in english or Annaick will translate. Also, because it wasn't the big group it normally is, that made a difference as well. Valerie and her boyfriend are very nice and they both speak english quite well, so carrying a conversation is not a problem for them. Anyway, we barely got home at like 2 am despite the intense fog. I was going to go to Hankou today but I think that is just out of the question with this crappy weather.
In other news, even though I'm very happy to be here and I hope to return for another year, at this point in time I almost feel like I have had enough. I've been told that everyone hits this wall at the 6 month mark and I definitely think I hit it. I crave western food more than I used to. I'm starting to get sick of rice. The people are annoying me all over again. In any event, I'll enjoy this ride for as long as it takes me but I've had thoughts of getting off a stop early. I wouldn't act on those thoughts but they are there nonetheless.
Also at the frat house, things are the same and now everyone can't stand Melissa and Christa. However, my guitar was out of tune for the longest while and I was feeling kinda low about it but I took it to the guitar shop and the boss there (who knows me quite well) saw my dilemma and fixed me up good. Now I spend alot of my time practicing the way I used to. In addition to that Matty stix and I have been jamming to songs and me learning new songs. We've been having fun. I've been learning many things about the guitar from him.
Anyway, I know this entry has been all over the map but I just woke up a little while ago and I wanted to get these things down before I forgot. I'll keep you posted.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home