Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Beijing Jan 27th, 2006

Well I was lucky to get a sleeper on my train ride to Beijing and by lucky I mean I booked way in advance and I had Harry to help me but I wasn't so lucky on the trip. I think I dozed in and out along the way but I got no real sleep. By the time I got to Beijing I was in more pain than ever but was proud of myself or having made the trip. For some reason everyone had a hard time understanding me. I don't know if I've just picked up the Wuhanhua too much or I just need to relearn my pinyin but I couldn't get the cab driver to understand the name of the hotel. Anyway, I had him let me out in the general area of the hotel. I figured I could just get it on my own. Although looking back on it now, I don't think that would have happened. I lost my sense of direction and neither the hostel nor the name of the street it's on, was on my map. I was sort of walking aimlessly when a pedicab driver got my attention. I said no at first the I figured he'd probably be better at helping me.
I told him the street name and by some miracle he understood and new exactly what I was looking for. Anyway, after much huffing and puffing (and that's him carrying my fat ass in a circle instead of a straight line) we got to the hotel. I made a reservation for a dorm bed and was luckily the first person in the room. I hit the sack right away but soon after my slumber was disturbed by a nice young english couple. Anyway, I went back to sleep and stayed there till early afternoon. I woke up and forced myself to go out for a walk. I was in alot of pain and very tired but I figured it was better than lying in bed all that afternoon and night.
After I got tired of walking, I went back to the hotel got some dinner and then went downstairs to the coffee bar. Luckily some of the other residents were watching a movie down there and even better it was a Nicholas Cage movie (some of you may know that he is my absolute favourite actor) Anyway, after that, I figured it was a good time to go to bed. Tomorrow, we see some sites!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home