Thursday, January 26, 2006

to sum up

Well quite a bit has gone on but due to time constraints I have to give the Cole's notes version. Tuesday night we invited Damon over for drinks seeing as I was going to Beijing and I wouldn't be seeing him when I get back since he's probably going to be moving to Guangzhou. Anyway we had a really good time and watched TV till we dies of laughter.
Yesterday I finally got to meet Annaick's parents. They came in on Tuesday night and then them and Annaick will be flying out and going all around the country. In any event, they were spending a couple days in Wuhan to see the sites etc. So we went out for dinner with them and Tomas (one of Annaick's french friends) and had a good time. Her parents really enjoyed the food and we had a nice time chatting. Her dad speaks english and is alot of laughs. Annaick told me forever ago that when her mom came she would probably not have much to say but would just smile politely the whole night. True to form she did. All in all we had a good time.
Since I came back from Hong Kong, I've pretty much done a good job of avoiding Breanna. She came to my room on Tuesday night to invite us to her last dinner. I told her on Wednesday that I had plans already. I didn't dare tell her that my plans were with Annaick.
Then today I did a good job of avoiding her unfortunately Matt wasn't so lucky. Anyway, Matt and I went to the Brazilian BBQ place (finally) and had an awesome meal. We just got home a little while ago and now I'm getting ready to hop on a train to Beijing. The most exciting part of this trip is that I'm gonna meet my mom. She's due to arrive on Feb 1st. We'll be back (well I'll be back, she'll be coming for the first time) in Wuhan on the 4th.
So that's the story. Will update when I get back. I gotta run though or I'll miss my train.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home