Sunday, January 22, 2006

Jan 20th, 2006

Well all good things have to come to an end at some time. I got my stuff together, packed my souvenirs and checked out of my hotel. My trip to get back home was exhausting. I basically traveled for 11 hours. I got the bus that took me to he train station. I got some lunch while I was there. I hopped on the next train and got to Guangzhou. Then I got a cab and unfortunately it was in the middle of rush hour and it took an exhaustingly long time to get to the airport. When finally there I was able to check in without a problem but I had to wait forever before my flight left. Anyway, my flight was scheduled to leave at 7:40 and check in was at 7:10 so I got there around 7:00. When I got to the gate I found that the gate had the wrong flight info and I could see that everyone around me was wondering what the heck was going on as well.
We all sat around there for a bit and then someone indicated that the gate for our flight was somewhere else. So we head over there and sure enough the flight number is there. The plane was now 10 mins late for boarding. Then 20 mins late, then the flight is late by 10 mins, then 20 and then over 30. Finally we boarded and finally on our way.
When I got to Wuhan, I had to smile. The last time I came down those stairs and out of that area I was looking for Mr Ye holding a sign with my name on it. I had to go to the same bathroom I went to and this time the porcelain hole in the ground didn't scare me.
Anyway I got a cab and told them where I wanted to go. My cab driver was talking to me in chinese I didn't understand. Then after he got off the expressway he pulled over. I was think, what the heck is this man doing and turns to me and says something else. I still have no clue what he was saying then I stop him and the conversation goes like this:
me - (in chinese) do you know Wuchang?
driver - (in chinese) I know
me - (in chinese) do you know Jiefang Lu?
driver - (in chinese) I know
me - (in english) then what the fuck is the problem?
driver - (in chinese) blah, blah, blah, blah
me - (in chinese) I want to go to Jiefang Lu
driver - (in chinese) ok, good
Anyways, I have no clue what he was trying to tell me but I got home. I paid him his money and I was very happy to see the frat house.
Hong Kong was awesome!!!!
I can't wait till I go to Beijing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tish!

Just thought i'd post and let ya know that A) I've been thinking about you (hope you've been well) and B) read a couple of your blog entries... (will read more as time goes by) and lmao.

Tracy (aka Mickey the Cop #2)

12:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home