Friday, September 30, 2005

point of interest

Well things are the usual. We've been getting ready for this holiday coming up. There is some kind of "national holidays" that happen in October. Everyone in I think Wuhan or China has the week of Oct 1st to 7th off. Lots of people go on vacation and stuff and naturally school is off for that week. We (and when I say we, I mean me) have been looking forward to this time off for a long time. Just to get away or whatever.
Anyway, some of us are going to Shanghai. Breanna, Winnie and myslef. Patrick was going to come with us but his anke is not getting any better so he's going to stay home. Anyway, we have our train tickets. Unfortunately we weren't able to get sleeper cabins, so we have seater cabins. It's an 18 hour trip to Shanghai. We're taking an overnight train, so we'll see how that goes. We're only going for a few days so we plan on having fun. Winnie is one of the chinese teachers here so, with her being chinese, it should help us alot to get around town. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Shanghai is all about. Unfortunately I won't have any updates to my blog till I get back, unless I can get my hands on a computer with internet connection available.
Anyway, there was something that I wanted to mention.
My students and I have been moving on in our lessons here and they already know how to say "my name is" so now we've added more to this with "how are you?" and "I'm fine thank you" So I've had them practicing a dialogue that includes all of this. Just very simple, greeting, what's your name, how are you and goodbye.
So I have them come up 2 at a time and the practice the same dialogue over and over. They love doing this. Some of them after they have had their turn, they go back to their seat and rasie their hand to come up again.
Anyway, I had one of my students, a boy Randy and a girl Alice come up to do the dialogue. I will type the dialogue as it happened:

Alice: Hello
Randy: Hello
Alice: What's your name?
Randy: My name is Randy
Alice: How are you today?
Randy: I'm Randy.

I just stated to laugh. I was laughing so much. I was the only one laughing but the thing about my students is, once I start laughing, then they all laugh even though they don't know what I'm laughing at. I knew why I was laughing but then I had to control myself and have them continue. That was a point of interest that I wanted to share with you.

Anyway, I'm off to Shanghai for a few days. I'll keep you posted on that.

TTFN and let the good times roll!!!
Mint Aerobics ROTFL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home